Those who have started up a business or have thought about starting up a business may know that it can be a huge risk. We hope that one of those risks does not involve your SEO optimization. A new business whether it has a brand new domain or not will most likely not be ranking high with great optimization, especially if the site has never been optimized. Hopefully, these tips will set your start up on the right path because having a poorly optimized site can really harm your results.
- User Interface and User Experience: Most would think that it is not highly important to have a great interface or user experience and that is wrong. It is very important to keep a well-designed site. The search engines do in fact downgrade your site if not. For instance, the algorithm from Google, Panda, was designed to downgrade sites with a poor user interface and experience. So, before starting optimization it is suggested that you have a well-designed site.
- Page load time: Try to avoid interfaces that include flash, marquees, large text images, etc. It can slow down your load time tremendously. Everyone has different internet, so be sure to avoid anything that can slow it down. The moment your site is taking too long to load the user will close out.
- Social Media: It is now important to search engines that you are frequent on social media. Social signals have become part of the search engine’s algorithms for rankings. So, if you are a new business, there is no better way than reaching out to your clients in other ways such as social media. Plus, it will only help optimize your site.
- Natural Link Building: It is imperative when link building that you avoid automated software or building too many links too fast on your own. This may send flags to the search engines that the site is being manipulated. When it comes to link building it is best to contact outside help that has ample experience on the matter. That way you know your site is building links naturally.
- Choosing the right SEO firm: It is always important that if you do not know enough about SEO and how to optimize properly that you hire an SEO company to do it for you. We are very adamant that businesses know the importance of choosing the right SEO firm. If you choose the wrong firm it could do your site more harm than good. It is best to build questions that should be asked before making the decision. Some of these questions may include, their plans, how they operate, results of success, if they have a strong outreach, etc.
These are only a few tips that we find are important to starting up your SEO optimization. Keep in mind there are many more where this blog could become too long to read. If you want more information about your business and optimization, please feel free to contact us!