Depending on the content management system you choose to use when creating a website will determine what you can do in regards to search engine optimization and how to properly optimize the website. There are several content management systems to choose from and each one works a little differently than the other.
There really isn’t one that is much better than another to choose from when optimizing for SEO purposes, so it is recommended you choose the one that fits your website best and allows you to do what you want with your businesses website. Many popular CMS’s include WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, MODX, Expression Engine and DotNetNuke.
The main objectives to remember when optimizing any content management system are:
- Optimize for your top keywords
- Quality and quantity of content on each page of website
- Header Tags, Titles, Descriptions and other Meta Data
- Quality links that go to your website
- Updating blogs continuously with fresh and up to date content
- Analyzing and tracking data with Google Analytics